Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: EStover
New Today: 15
New Yesterday: 42
Overall: 148426

People Online:
Visitors: 54
Members: 1
Total: 55 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Service Transition in an Agile Environment
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Transition in an Agile Environment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnsmith
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Service Transition in an Agile Environment Reply with quote

Hello

The application development team in our organsition has started to move towards using an agile approach. The first few versions of new applications have now been delivered and have been subjected to our Service Transition process to get them into live. It's now clear to see that the Service Transition works well with a big bang approach but too clumbersome for an agile approach.

What I think we need is an agile service transition process, which develops things like SLAs over time, rather than forcing them to be fully agreed before the first version (normally a small scale pilot) goes live.

Does anyone have any experience in transitioning agile applications and if so can you share your experience? Also, can you recommend any books or training courses which might be useful?

Thanks

Mick
Finton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

I have just posted a very similar post in the Service Delivery section on this forum (I wasn't exactly sure where I should post to be honest!).

We are now using an agile approach to deliver new apps/functionality/processes etc and I too am really struggling with a cumbersome Service Acceptance processes that just about worked for a waterfall delivery approach...add to this a CTO who wants things delivered (and working) yesterday and its all falling apart at the seams at the moment Crying or Very sad

I have not been able to find any books/white papers/training courses on Service transition/acceptance for Agile delivery. There is endless material on 'doing' agile delivery out there but nothing on how to transition these deliveries into BAU support upon implementation.

If I find anything out of any use I shall be sure to share it.....
cyber_aman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

Did you find any guideline on delivery & service acceptance in Agile environment ?
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me this is really quite simple......there is a level of service that is required by the customer and you take an agile approach to achieving that level with a flightpath starting at what the customer can live with progressing to the level of service they ultimately need. Define these start and end points and you have your answer and something to aim for.

Too often people think that 'agile' means you can forget about service levels and acceptance criteria but you can't and there has to be some science to it rather than a 'see how it turns out' approach.
Sashi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Transitioning Agile Applications Reply with quote

Team, Please share if you have developed any methodology around this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: