Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· News
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

THE ITIL BOOKS

The five ITIL books can be obtained directly from the publisher's website:
HERE

Or as downloadable PDFs: HERE

Current Membership

Latest: RodolfoGra
New Today: 32
New Yesterday: 79
Overall: 220424

People Online:
Visitors: 142
Members: 2
Total: 144 .

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Related Resources

Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

Search

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Advertising
Please contact us via the feedback page to discuss advertising rates.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Outsourced IT model
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outsourced IT model

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikki2017

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Outsourced IT model Reply with quote

Hi,

My company has outsourced all IT departments to a service provider all IT support teams (first, second, third line and service management). I was in the service management team but decided to stay at the company in a supplier management role. The company pre outsourcing has ISO20000 accreditation. We are currently reviewing all ITIL processes most of the resolution processes will be the responsibility of the Supplier with the company and my team accountable we will sign-off the documents. In terms of the SMS section 4 (SMS Plan, management reviews etc) it is unclear because this would normally be the responsibilty and managed by the SDM team. My question is whether the outsourced supplier can still be responsible? From a governance perspective my team will review and sign-off the documents and we will still be accountable and we will have a detailed supplier management process. We will have monthly contractual service reviews, weekly mini service reviews, attend the service reviews with the business teams which the outsourced SDM will lead on. We also have access to the ITSM and therefore can check the system for compliance on all resolution processes.

Can someone provide some advise around this? What is the typical set-up in a outsourced model re ownership, roles and responsibilities would sit?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Nik
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nik, I am a bit gobsmacked by this post.

1 - Your company should have had this figured out before hand

Never mind that. I work in an org where we have this set up

Rules of the game

They must follow OUR processes for all things - incident, change, release etc
Their tool must be in line with our processes and where different we are informed and agree
There must be SLAs, OLAs and other KPIs that they must meet
You have full access to their tool to get the source details on your tickets

That said, you should have two distinct concepts

1 - Treat them as an Internal group for IT SM matters. They are a resolution group just as if they were employees. They report to the same line management for operational issues - Incident, Problem etc

2 - Treat the service that they deliver as a vendor

This is more hard on.

Have monthly meeting about the Quality of Service - tickets meeting your standard, OLAs met, SLAs met, Major Incident Reviews, Root Cause Analysis reviews of Major outages, etc.

In addition, if they have a Service Catalogue for charges, then some person has to manage the volume and the cost if so.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Nikki2017

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
Nik, I am a bit gobsmacked by this post.

1 - Your company should have had this figured out before hand

Never mind that. I work in an org where we have this set up

Rules of the game

They must follow OUR processes for all things - incident, change, release etc
Their tool must be in line with our processes and where different we are informed and agree
There must be SLAs, OLAs and other KPIs that they must meet
You have full access to their tool to get the source details on your tickets

That said, you should have two distinct concepts

1 - Treat them as an Internal group for IT SM matters. They are a resolution group just as if they were employees. They report to the same line management for operational issues - Incident, Problem etc

2 - Treat the service that they deliver as a vendor

This is more hard on.

Have monthly meeting about the Quality of Service - tickets meeting your standard, OLAs met, SLAs met, Major Incident Reviews, Root Cause Analysis reviews of Major outages, etc.

In addition, if they have a Service Catalogue for charges, then some person has to manage the volume and the cost if so.

Hi UKVIKING

The outsourcing happened with very short notice the people affected were given 2 weeks consultation before the outsourcing occurred. The contract in principle was already agreed by senior management. All of the above you mentioned is already covered. The specific ISO processes and policies I am referring to is management reviews and SMS Policy and Plan these were the responsibility of with the service delivery management team that have been outsourced with the relevant client business team . Can these policies and processes sit with the third party with client inputting and overall signing off?

Regards

Nikki
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki,

The company needs to manage the vendor (3rd party) some how.

The vendor will have to provide these

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: