Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· News
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

THE ITIL BOOKS

The five ITIL books can be obtained directly from the publisher's website:
HERE

Or as downloadable PDFs: HERE

Current Membership

Latest: ixucyfa
New Today: 11
New Yesterday: 79
Overall: 220403

People Online:
Visitors: 135
Members: 3
Total: 138 .

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Related Resources

Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

Search

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Advertising
Please contact us via the feedback page to discuss advertising rates.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITSM Standard Change Windows
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITSM Standard Change Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeseinmaine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: ITSM Standard Change Windows Reply with quote

I need to find someone who is in the Change Management field for their company to speak with regarding how they manage their Standard change windows.

My company classifies standard changes as a low risk change to a service or other CI (Configurable Item) for which the approach is pre-authorized by Change Management and follows an accepted and established procedure or work instruction.

I am preparing a proposal to my senior IT management to allow for Production Standard change deployments to happen every day (not the restricted windows we have today). Our numbers have shown that only 5% of incidents over the past year were caused by Standard changes (that number goes down to 0.2% if we compare the number Standard changes that caused incidents to the number of Normal/Standard/Emergency tickets submitted over the past year). I'd like to go upon the lines of a pace layering strategy beginning with smaller, low risk deployments done more frequently.

Statistics from other companies on how they manage their Standard Change Windows will help my cause. Thank you!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard Changes usually do not require a Change Management defined maintenance window

Standard changes are just that - standard

the windows for the Standard Changes may be better defined by Operations with advice or FYI giving to change management.

Because the risk / impact is so low, the work does not need the official change windows

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Hoverhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition..Standard changes should not require a conflict check. If you find that this is the case, then this type of change should be a "Normal" change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Change Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: