Configuration Analyst/Manager Role in CAB (Change Advisory)

Discuss and debate ITIL Change Management issues
rkim

Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi,

Am curious to see if any of you folks that have CAB (Change Advisory Board) running in your department have a Configuration Analyst (Manager) attending CAB meetings? If so, what are his/her roles and responsibilities in CAB?

My department is in the process of creating Local CAB and I am trying to identify all of the relevant members from IT that will need to attend.

Best regards,
Roman

Casey

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:09 pm

I am a change manager and run a weekly CAB.

The configuration Manager does not attend.

I attend, the Customer attends, and delegated representatives from their customers attend.

All stakeholders should attend, however, ask yourself, does the configuration manager need to attend - is there a purpose, benefit and requirement. If so, great, if not, then there is no need.

This is only my opinion.
UKIT
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:01 am

The Configuration Analyst/Manager could assist in providing details to the CAB of the impact to the business with respect to a change that requires downtime, resulting in the loss of service. (Systems and business relationships)
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:35 am

The Configuration and Release Manager should either attend or ensure that all information in their area of scope is available to the CAB
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
aboveavg2

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:57 pm

I am a configuration manager at my company and a CAB member. It is important that I attend to make sure that I am aware of the changes that would impact the CMDB.

I also provide input if I believe a change will impact more than one BU and ask the question for other members to discuss.