V2 Process Wall Chart Required

Forum to discuss ITIL issues and disciplines covering Service Delivery.
swal87
Itiler
Itiler

Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:28 am

Good morning,

I am currently sitting my ITIL v2 manager training and in the process of setting up a revision timetable and reference material.

For this I could do with a wall chart that shows the interactions between each of the processes. i.e. inputs, processes and outputs.

I have found plenty for V3 however I need V2 (only one i have found is on amazon but is out of print).

Please can anyone point me in the right direction. (download if possible, not essential)

Regards

mnsmith
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:16 am

Hello

Here's a great revision tip - which helped me pass. Get a large poster sized piece of blank paper and draw 10 boxes on it (one for each process). Then sit down and look up the inputs for each process and write them on the paper. Then look up the outputs and write them down to. Then finally, work out the interactions between each process and draw lines connecting each process box.

It may look a mess and might not cover everything you'll find in one downloaded from the internet but by going through the motion of producing your own poster, you will remember far more than spending hours staring at someone else's poster.

This tip was actually passed onto me by the two guys who taught me ITIL - one was last year's itSMF trainer of the year and the other was this years.

Hope that helps and good luck for the exam

Mick
Mick Smith
Change, Configuration and Release Manager
swal87
Itiler
Itiler

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:36 am

mnsmith wrote:Hello

Here's a great revision tip - which helped me pass. Get a large poster sized piece of blank paper and draw 10 boxes on it (one for each process). Then sit down and look up the inputs for each process and write them on the paper. Then look up the outputs and write them down to. Then finally, work out the interactions between each process and draw lines connecting each process box.

It may look a mess and might not cover everything you'll find in one downloaded from the internet but by going through the motion of producing your own poster, you will remember far more than spending hours staring at someone else's poster.

This tip was actually passed onto me by the two guys who taught me ITIL - one was last year's itSMF trainer of the year and the other was this years.

Hope that helps and good luck for the exam

Mick
Cheers,
Casper did my Change Management Practitioner training.

I have already put together a base diagram for the processes and interactions, however I was wanting a professionally finished one for completeness and reference.

Somthing to put up in the office and look at hourly, lol.
rpmason
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:19 am

Try searching for ILXgroup. Click on their Downloads tab and choose "ITIL V2 Process Model". I think that's the process map that is hung on my cube wall. You have to register and uncheck the "send me" boxes.
Ruth Mason
USA