i need strong basic information!!

Forum for job seekers and employers in the ITIL arena.
SwissTony
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:45 am

Ambi.......ok, with that info it is easier to give you some comments.

Firstly regarding your comment "i will 100% become ITIl v3 certified" no. Probably you will complete your foundation level course - this will give you a solid basic understanding of ITIL, however, it is only a taste.

With having just completed your degree I would recommend that you find a job using that knowledge, because you will learn more in 1 working year on the same subject as you did in you entire course. Many crucial elements are not learnt from a book.

Once you get a job you have your foot in the door for progression. Use what you will learn on your foundation to view things from the technical side you will probably enter as, and from the servcie management side of the ITIL framework. By showing your understanding within the work place may open the door to moving over to a service management side.

Maybe you can get a job as a Change Management administrator, as an entry level to working within a process.....

Once you are in a job relating to a process you can consider taking one of the ITIL practitioner courses to learn more regarding that specific process........and later down the line look into taking the Service Manager course, but after several years in the profession - by which time there is a good chance you will have become dissillusioned with the world of IT, decide to pack your bags and travel the world. :wink: No, seriously, while it is good to plan ahead, you have to roll with the punches.

So, stop reading this, step away from your computer, & go find a job. :)

ambi
Itiler
Itiler

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:58 am

hii Swiss

Thank you !! Now i am searching job.
Timo
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:47 pm

SwissTony wrote:Ambi.......ok, with that info it is easier to give you some comments.

Maybe you can get a job as a Change Management administrator, as an entry level to working within a process.....
Maybe John is hiring ;)