ITIL V3 Bridging exam

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 am

PRINCE2 is so valuable in the market, but I found the course and the exam so rubbish.

Whereas the ITIL managers certificate (before V2 was twinkle) was one of the two most valuable courses I have ever done and the exam really tested something worth testing. But it was never highly valued in the job market.

"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
swal87
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:23 am

I have just got my managers expert bridge and passed first time. God bless the tutor who was excellent.

QA / old Remarc staff have been excellent for me.
morticia
Itiler
Itiler

Wed May 11, 2011 4:04 am

BorisBear wrote:
Morticia

Best advice I can give you is to do and re-do as many practice exams as possible as part of your revision. I guess I was one of the first few tranches to do the bridge and my experience was that there was at lease a couple of the questions where more than one option appeared to be correct......indeed even after the event, consulting the books we were still of the opinion that more than one of the options was correct so its good to prepare for the exams themselves as much as you can.

The subject matter will not be a whole lot different to what your used to but the lifecycle perspective on things will be. Overall, if you can strip back the cynical tools based approach (most of the folks who put together V3 produce ITSM tools or proprietary processes) it feels like an improvement over V2 with a business-led approach to IT Service Management.
Thank you for the excellent advice Boris. I passed first time, having done and re-done as many mock exams as I could.

There were at least two questions in the actual exam that had two answers that appeared to be 'correct'.
:D
"Acknowledge what you don't know."