Configuration Management ITIL course

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
Glyn_Mo

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:31 am

Hello

I've passed the ITIL V3 Foundation course last year. I'm now wanting to do a course related to Software Configuration Management. However, I'm not quite sure which course I should be looking at. Can anybody help?

Thanks
Glyn

ChrisD
Itiler
Itiler

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Hello Glyn,
Welcome to the forum and well done on passing the ITIL Foundation course. You may remember from the Foundation course that the software development was not covered in any detail, this is true of the higher levels of ITIL certification too.

The content of 'Configuration Management' for software development is totally different from the Service view of 'Configuration Management' which is where the focus for ITIL.

I would suggest looking at the CM Crossroads website where there is a wealth of information about Software Config' Mgt, approaches and maybe certification as well.

I would also recomend getting a good insight into CMMI - generic, valuable and hooks into ITIL.....

Best regards,
.... Chris
Myaudry

Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Glyn_Mo wrote:Hello

I've passed the ITIL V3 Foundation course last year. I'm now wanting to do a course related to Software Configuration Management. However, I'm not quite sure which course I should be looking at. Can anybody help?

Thanks
Glyn

Hi Glyn, the Institute of Configuration Management does have a certificate program through Arizona State University (or at least they did about 12 years ago when I took it :) where you come out CMII certifed.

Although my focus is on the management of our Change process - of course with a robust flavor of ITIL - the SCCM teachings helped me tremendously towards building our mostly successful processes today.

Myaudry
The Goddess of Change