Which ITIL Cert

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
mcdavsh

Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am

I'm new to ITIL so I'm trying to figure out if I should start with the ITIL v3 foundation CERT first or is there a certain order you should follow. I've been in the IT field for more than 20years as a tech support resource, data management resource and now I'm a database implementation engineer. :lol:

PawanDwivedi

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi, I am also a new guy in IT field. When I started my career in IT field I had no idea about ITIL. Then I joined ExcelR Solutions Institute to learn basic and advance things about ITIL. :)
RyanGrant

Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:25 am

There are certain levels in ITIL. One of my friend taken the course in invensislearning. Here they can provide both classroom and online training with well trained professionals. As I am suggesting this institute is Invensis has successfully trained and certified thousands of professionals in this course so far.They allows us to deliver world-class training using a mode of our choice.
As of I know,

There are 5 Levels of ITIL Certifications
1. ITIL Foundation Level
2. ITIL Practitioner Level
3. ITIL Intermediate Level
4. ITIL Expert Level
5. ITIL Master Level
Marck

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:18 am

First you need to know about different types of certification in ITIL.
There are five certification levels within the scheme:
Foundation Level.
Practitioner Level.
Intermediate Level.
Expert Level.
Master Level.

To qualify for the ITIL certification, you must obtain at least 17 credits from the Foundation, Practitioner and Intermediate modules, and pass the Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) exam.
Marianne Cherney
Itiler
Itiler

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 am

The first course for everyone who is new to ITIL is ITIL Foundation. You can prepare for it in many ways, but the most successful way is to take a class from an accredited provider. Prices for on-demand classes are now as reasonable as buying a book and you are guaranteed that they will cover all syllabus. Accredited courses come with official practice exams and many other features depending on the provider. You are entering ITIL at an exciting time as we are currently V3 and ITIL 4 is being released in February. The first course to be released is Foundation so that is a good place to start.
Dee_kopo

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:42 am

[quote="Marianne Cherney" post_id=33376 time=1546867997 user_id=237597]
The first course for everyone who is new to ITIL is ITIL Foundation. You can prepare for it in many ways, but the most successful way is to take a class from an accredited provider. Prices for on-demand classes are now as reasonable as buying a book and you are guaranteed that they will cover all syllabus. Accredited courses come with official practice exams and many other features depending on the provider. You are entering ITIL at an exciting time as we are currently V3 and ITIL 4 is being released in February. The first course to be released is Foundation so that is a good place to start.
[/quote]

Has the ITIL 4 release date been confirmed?, as I plan to write V3 at the end of this January.
Marianne Cherney
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi Dee,

Yes the ITIL 4 release date is confirmed as February 2018. Courses can be released as early as February 11th and the exam is being released February 28th. If you sit the V3 Foundation now, you can take an ITIL 4 Foundation Bridge course to learn what you need to learn to take the ITIL 4 Foundation exam or you can wait and take a full ITIL 4 Foundation course and site the ITIL 4 Foundation exam. Thanks for the great question.