Hornbill Support Works Reviews required

An open discussion on issues related directly or primarily to the service or help desk.
swal87
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 am

Good Afternoon,

We are looking to implement a Service Delivery Solution to aid in the delivery of support to the organisation.

At present I am favouring the Hornbill Supportworks platform.

My question is, has anyone had experience of deploying this software and did you encounter any problems.

Regards

Scott

Timo
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:38 am

You lost me at "Service Delivery Solution to aid in the delivery of support "

As for opinion on a specific tool you might not find folks to be very receptive to that here. Generally we shy away from either endorsing or disparaging any specific tool or vendor. Your best bet would be to thoroughly understand and study your requirements. Short list possible vendors (which looks like you've done already) and have them do a proof of concept for you.
Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:56 am

If someone does share with you, you will need to be sure you understand, inter alia, what their objectives were, what their requirements were and what their own experience/maturity level was so that you can work out how closely they match your own condition.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
swal87
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:51 am

Thank you guys,

I take on board your feedback and fully understand that a review is only good when compared against the requirements and the restrictions set against the suppliers.

No information that hopefully would be shared would put me off on onto a specific solution.

I am specifically interested about any major show stoppers that might have been encountered, or system bugs.

I have already spec'd the requirements and have got in mid a preferred option, however all the information received would give me avenues to investigate.

Yours in anticipation

Scott