ITIL 4 for new persons

ITIL Experts share updates and answer questions
morgando

Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:17 am

I am new to ITIL and wish to study for and complete the latest ITIL Foundation examination.

However, I am really confused, I have spent a lot of time trying to book the examination for ITIL 4 but I can only find centres offering v3 and sometimes v2! I'm based in London, England.

Can someone please put me out of my misery.

TIA :D

Marianne Cherney
Itiler
Itiler

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:36 am

ITIL 4 is the latest version of the exam and you can book it with PeopleCert or any Accredited Exam Organizations (AEO). Exams are given online and in person at test centers. Most people take the exams online today because it is more convenient and it is less expensive. Also, many of the AEOs offer discounts on the exams. For example, PeopleCert sells the online ITIL 4 Foundation exam for $349 and at GogoTraining all members get $50 off ($299) and there is no charge to become a member. Please note that the only ITIL exams being offered today are V3 and ITIL 4. Let me know if this answers your question. If you prefer a test center, I can get that information for you.
thecrowdtraining

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 pm

The best option is to take the test on your computer via an online proctor, like the PeopleCert exams mentioned by Marianne. That way you can do it from anywhere.
Corde Wagner
Itiler
Itiler

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:43 pm

I agree with @thecrowdtraining. PeopleCert makes it very easy to take the exam online and you get the results as soon as you submit your answers.
Corde Wagner
ITIL v3 Expert - ITILv4 - CASM - VeriSM-Plus
lcaputo
Itiler
Itiler

Mon May 20, 2019 4:52 am

The online way is by far the easier to obtain and the cheaper to buy.
I've done it a couple of weeks ago, and I'm based in Rome, Italy.