Itil Newbie here....Excellent forum :)

General discussion on all aspects of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
stonesfan
Itiler
Itiler

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Good Evening All.

Looking to make the (logical, in my opinion) transition from support to service delivery and IT management. Have read through parts of this forum and done a fair amount of 'googling' online. Some very reassuring posts from UKVIKING on the matter of Itil and its implementation and real world meaning. A few wry smiles were bought out here ;)

By all means shoot me down in flames, but I guess Itil framework is not the be all and end all of service delivery and management. Its a useful methodology to base your practice on. The rest is a mixture of real world experience, interpersonal skills and that one factor which is timeless....common sense.

Am going to be taking the foundation course and exam and then looking into the intermediate modules.

I guess as far as getting your first role in IT SD and Management its pretty much like anything else. Selling yourself well, showing the motivation by getting relevant qualifications and dare I say it knowing people in high places(!)

Right, off to have another little delve into this forum.

Goodnight all.

UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:03 am

Stonesfan,

While I appreaciate the kudos for the 'reassuring posts', you miss out on the sarcastic biting attack posts as well where I verbal pummel the post for being dumb or more frequently - lazy.

You nailed what ITIL is and isn't quite well
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
stonesfan
Itiler
Itiler

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:52 pm

UKVIKING wrote:Stonesfan,

While I appreaciate the kudos for the 'reassuring posts', you miss out on the sarcastic biting attack posts as well where I verbal pummel the post for being dumb or more frequently - lazy.

You nailed what ITIL is and isn't quite well
Those posts didn't go unnoticed either. To be honest if you are serious about operating at a managerial level where Itil is part of your armory, then you are going to need to show a little more resourcefulness and self motivation than a few have shown on here.

Sadly we're seeing the effect of the 'braindumping' generation. Those who go out and accumulate exams without actually learning anything.
LoisMcConnachie

Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:46 am

Hi Stonesfan,

I have just launched a FREE online ITIL Foundation Quiz, it’s primarily designed for those preparing to take the ITIL Foundation course/exam, and also for those who are about to take ITIL Intermediate training who need to brush up on their basic ITIL knowledge prior to attending the course.

Of course, you can just take it for fun…… :D

Every time you access the quiz, 40 random questions will be selected from our question bank, so you can take it over and over again. I will also be loading new questions on a daily basis to keep it fresh. If you have any ideas for questions then please feel free to contribute.

I would love to hear any constructive feedback that you may have.

Good luck for your ITIL Foundation exam! :)

If you think that this could be useful to you then please follow the link purplegriffon.com/quizzes

[Admin: no direct links please]