ITIL expert

General discussion on all aspects of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
nissanvietnamvn

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Hello,
I completed my ITIL Foundation certification around two years ago and I think it's time for me to get pushing on ITIL Expert. I've heard that version 4 is on the way, is it worth me waiting or cracking on ?

Marianne Cherney
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Hello,
Great question. AXELOS has released ITIL 4 Foundation only and we do not currently have any notification on when the rest of the courses will be developed. So right now there are great benefits to getting 17 credits in ITIL V3. All 26 processes in ITIL V3 are included in ITIL 4 so you can't go wrong coming up to speed in them. In addition, if you get a least 17 V3 credits or become a V3 ITIL Expert you only have to take 1 of the ITIL 4 classes to achieve the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation.

And, because we have no idea on when the advanced ITIL 4 classes will be released, this keeps you on your path. I hope this answer is helpful. Let me know your thoughts.
Corde Wagner
Itiler
Itiler

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:00 pm

I agree with Marianne that working towards the ITIL Expert certification by taking the ITIL v3-2011 is the way to go at this time. The learning is exceptional through GoGoTraining and none of the training/certifications will be tossed away when ITIL 4 comes out.
Corde Wagner
ITIL v3 Expert - ITILv4 - CASM - VeriSM-Plus