SharePoint 2010 to track Change Management

Discuss and debate ITIL Change Management issues
Fang
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:50 am

Has anyone any experience that they can share with regard to SharePoint 2010?
We have deployed SharePoint 2010 across our laboratories and using the workflow features appears to be the logical way to track our fledgling Change Management process. Hopefully, the calendar issues with earlier versions are now sorted ………

LesleyMills

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 pm

I'm guessing that your current Incident and Problem Management tool doesn't have the ability to track Change Management. Do you haev a tool that you manage Changes with? Can't this be extended to track your change management process?

Whilst SharePoint is a great tool, it is best to store all CM aspects in the one tool but if you can't then I guess SharePoint is as good as any other repository tool.
Fang
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 am

Incident and Problem Management tool ???? Nope, dont have one of those either! Think Science Lab full of folks keen to get on with the science and to hell with process and you may START to get the picture. I'm the big Bad Change Manager, getting them to toe the line.

Since I posted first, we are now in pilot with a simple Change Management process, using an RFC infopath form that inputs into a Sharepoint list. All developed by the new graduate trainee.

CAB meetings with excitable scientists are often entertaining, but I'm learning a lot about controlling satellites.

After Easter, I will start on lab-wide Incident and Problem Management. May have to home grow a tool for that too!