ITIL V3 Foundation Certified

Forum for job seekers and employers in the ITIL arena.
HARIS

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:21 pm

HI Folks !!
Looking for Middle management roles in IT operations / service management. I am a ITIL V3 foundation certified profession with aroung 12 years of experience, which includes experience in Project management, Operation and maintanance

Regards,

TomOzITIL_2
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Foundation cert is honestly no big deal and unlikely to differentiate you for middle mgt jobs. You'll have to do better than that mate - go get your v2 Managers cert or some v3 lifecycle and/or capability modules.
thechosenone69
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:36 am

TomOz, I have to disagree wtih you, I know alot of people that has only the foundation level and have a good management position. Experience plays a good role as well. Though I also believe that getting the Managers Certificates or one of the v3 lifecycles will increase the chances of getting that Job.
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:28 am

TCA69

What I think Tom is trying to say if one has management experience already, then the ITIL Foundation is a notch up

If there is NO managment experience, the ITIL foundation is not an replacement for management experience. if however, the manager's certificate was acquired, that would be a leg up
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
DYbeach
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:25 am

thechosenone69 wrote:TomOz, I have to disagree wtih you, I know alot of people that has only the foundation level and have a good management position. Experience plays a good role as well. Though I also believe that getting the Managers Certificates or one of the v3 lifecycles will increase the chances of getting that Job.
It probably won't get you a job but it will help you to get an interview
DYbeach
ITIL V3 Release, Control & Validation,
ITIL V3 Operation SUpport & Analysis
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
tomkin
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:35 am

HARIS wrote:HI Folks !!
Looking for Middle management roles in IT operations / service management. I am a ITIL V3 foundation certified profession with aroung 12 years of experience, which includes experience in Project management, Operation and maintanance

Regards,
Are you Ok to work in UK ??? i have an opening as Config Analyst!!
HARIS

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:27 pm

tomkin wrote:

Regards,
Please revert to me with the details...Thanks
tomkin
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:43 am

HARIS wrote:
tomkin wrote:

Regards,
Please revert to me with the details...Thanks

Are you Ok to work in UK ???