Help on ITIL Career Growth

Forum for job seekers and employers in the ITIL arena.
MJK

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi All ,

I am new to this Forum , Hoping to get some insight , Gyan & Guidance to progress efficiently in my career path (hope to have an optimal path)

Here is quick Brief of my career story so far..

> Started as a Service Desk Technician
> Level 2 Support in Service desk , was a part of the KT team at client location for GSD .
> Moved as an ILC / ICO within GSD (Global Service Desk)
> Became an Incident Manager ( managing ONLY critical Incidents), HIgh Management Visibility
> Now at present I am a Configuration Manager

I am :

> Masters in Computer Applications
> ITIL V3 Foundation and ISO 20K Certified

My Aim :

To become a Process Implementation Manager for the processes like Incident , Problem , Change , Release & Deployment , Service validation & Testing and Request fulfillment.

My Plan :

> If i Do RCV and OSA within the capability module and obtain enough operational Experience on the above processes which I do not have hands on and Go for the KILL ..
> Take Server & Network Technology certifications- to give me an edge

My Questions :

1. Do you think If I do the capability module ( RCV, OSA) I can benefit more based on the role I am looking at , rather than going for the Life cycle module (Service Transition and Service Operations) , I know both are interlinked life cycle and Capability , but DON'T know how much

2. Do you think PMP certifications would enhance my capability in the roles I aspire to become ?

3. What would be the scope in regions like US / Australia / Canada / Europe on the role I am aiming at. Would the Salary, complement well with my efforts I am putting in ?

4. What all job roles apart from process implementer suites my above mentioned career plan

If my writing is too long , I am sorry ! , I hope I can look up to someone for a torch light :)

Cheers
MJK