ITIL v2 Bridging Course

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
Bhana

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Hello

I have recently passed the Service Support and Service Delivery Exams (V2) , gaining me the much prized ITIL V2 Service Mangers Certification. Yipppeeee!!! This was like going 12 rounds in the ring agianst the ITIL Methodolgies.....
Victory to me with a sharp Upper cut!!!! :) Now bring V3 Expert to the ring.... I am waiting for you ITIL V3 Expert , training hard for this !!!! Your also going to be defeated by me.......:)

Over a year ago I purchased a Package deal from a IT training Provider that included the ITIL v2/v3 bridging course... very good price...

Now I have passed the ITIL V2 Certification I am ready to take on the ITIL V3 Expert before June 2011.

Question:

1) Will there be resits available for the ITIL v2/v3 bridging course after June 2011 ? I am aware that the actual course is retired in June 2011?

Regards

Daljit MBCS CITP

LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 am

Well done!
Yes, there will be re-sits available, for a limited time - 6 months I think. Your training provider can confirm.
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance
Bhana

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:16 am

LizGallacher wrote:Well done!
Yes, there will be re-sits available, for a limited time - 6 months I think. Your training provider can confirm.
Thanks for this information , will the 6 month resits be applicable to EXIN & ISEB ?

My training provider has advised me that there are no resits for the ITIL v3 Expert Bridging Exam after June 2011.

Regards

Daljit
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:22 am

Yes, that information is correct - the resits are only be for V2 qualifications after they were retired.
Sorry about the wrong information - it was only clarified quite recently, and is very harsh for those sitting it at the last minute
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:30 am

Latest information, hot off the press ( I received it 30 seconds ago) -

"Following withdrawal of the ITIL V3 Manager Bridge certificate the bridging option available to holders of the ITIL V1 or V2 Service Manager certificate will change and will require V1 or V2 Service Manager holders to undertake V3 modules to enter the V3 scheme and/or reach ITIL Expert Level.
Service Manager Certificate holders who would like to take any ITIL V3 intermediate modules will be required to take the ITIL V3 Foundation certificate.
In order to reach ITIL Expert Level holders of the Service Manager certificate must successfully complete the following certifications:
V3 Foundation Certification in IT Service Management

PLUS
Service Strategy OR Continual Service Improvement
PLUS
Managing Across The Lifecycle (MALC)
This Bridging route will only be available to holders of the full ITIL V1 or V2 Service Managers Certification (both Service support and Service Delivery components). Individuals who choose to follow this route to ITIL Expert Level should note that the credit system does not apply to this particular bridging option.
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT