Ticketing System Recommendations?

An open discussion on issues related directly or primarily to the service or help desk.
outshine2

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 pm

I manage the service desk for an organization that provides IT services to around 5000 systems spread across ~250 separate clients. We currently use ConnectWise for our ticketing/ERP system, and I think our ticketing needs are starting to outgrow the product.

I've used some of the big ticketing systems (Remedy, Service Center, etc.), and I those are probably overkill for our company - (and we can't afford a full time staff to maintain the system).

All in all, ConnectWise doesn't fare too poorly on the incident management side, and intergrates well into our other systems, but it's missing a few key features that I'm looking for:

* Deliniation between separate ticket types - incident, change, problem, etc. And the ability to create relationships between the various tickets. (CW only has one ticket type - "service request").
* Facilitate the problem management process - particularly the ability to classify incidents (category/type/item, etc.).
* Facilitate change management

I've just started my research and will spend much time on the web reviewing the various products, but I thought I'd throw this question out there. Thanks in advance for any advice :D

Thanks! [/list]

viv121
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Please go to double u double u dot google dor com
regards,

Vivek
"the only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself"
Winston Churchill
Timo
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:09 pm

dor com did not work for me :(
thechosenone69
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:38 am

Collect the requirements, plan for the scope, create a checklist and register for the service desk show before it starts. It starts on the 28th of April.
Ali Makahleh
Configuration Management(Blue Badge),
ITILV2 Service Manager(Red Badge),
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
Jhon619

Thu May 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Our company is also in the same boat. We currently have Infra version 8 however are looking into Service Now, Remedy, Altiris, etc.
Each of them allow you to do a demo.

good luck