Service Desk AHT stats

An open discussion on issues related directly or primarily to the service or help desk.
Streff

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 am

Hi All,

I've spent a fair chunk of this morning looking around the interwebs, and specifically this forum, looking for some examples of Service Desk Average handle Times for 1ls (first line) agents. So far I've not found anything particularily useful. Would anyone care to share some stats or info with me on the following?

I'm looking to compare "standard" or "average expected" inbound telephony handle times in the following scenarios -

a) "Log and Refer" desk -- very low FTF/FCR (First time fix/first call resolution) expectations, primary aim is to take the users details and refer to the resolving team (be it 2nd line, desktop etc)

b) "Full service" desk -- High level of first time fix calls, technical agents with a decent toolset at thier disposal, expected to resolve the majority of desktop / email / simple application faults at first contact, without the need for further escalation or callbacks (either to or from the end user).

In the company I work for, we run a range of service desks across the UK, and so I have access to thier AHT stats, but they all tend to be fairly high-focus FTF desks, so I'm looking for some examples from outside my usual sphere.. not looking for names / companys / proprietory info, just some generic stats "we do FTF's in x seconds, with Y kinda desk setup" or something similar.

Thanks, any assistance appreciated.

UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:15 am

Streff

Try the HelpDesk Institute or gartner
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Streff

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:00 pm

Thanks, I've tried Gartner, just looking through HDI now..