Repeat calls - Any info??

An open discussion on issues related directly or primarily to the service or help desk.
GCLOONY
Itiler
Itiler

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 am

Hello All,

We have an internal Service desk to deal with all our initernal it issues. We are trying to improve on our service. We pulled a report from the IVR to see whether all our calls are getting recorded in our ticketing tool or not. Unfortunately there was a 30% difference. So, when we do an interro the standard answer is repeat calls. So any advice on how to manage this? How can we capture the repeat calls in our system and account them. Any information would be appreciated.

regards,
C

UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:36 am

GClooney

You are not really providing enough information for an intelligent, well thought out, polite response.

So this is what you get instead

Does your IVR system automatically create a ticket when the call is picked up ?
Or does it require the SD staff to initiate the ticket once they have a call active

The reason for having a 30% difference can be for the following reason

Mis-dials
Hanging up after calling and 1-ring
Stuck in Hold too long

You need to look actually at the wait time and the # of calls on wait time (in the queue) per hour to guage how things are
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
GCLOONY
Itiler
Itiler

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:05 am

John!!!! Thanks for being kind.

No, the IVR doesn't create any ticket itself. The SD staff create a ticket. I think I didn't put the query correctly. Let me rephrase it.

How can we account for the customer calling in again for the same issue on the same ticket number. We update the ticket with the details of his contact but monthly if I have to pull a report and see, how can I do it. Hope I am able to explain my query.
Thanks
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:59 am

This is NOT an ITIL issue but a work process issue and the questions your SD staff asks the person callling the SD desk

You need to see if there are instructions for the call answerers for them to initially process the call
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
liddingy

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 pm

You need to look at using wrap up codes in your IVR system. SOmething as simple as a wrap up code for "Follow up call" or "Wrong number" etc will help to capture the 30% difference