Searching for some guidance on a Service Desk Marketing

An open discussion on issues related directly or primarily to the service or help desk.
tmack
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:33 am

I was curious if anyone has a "Service Desk" or "I.T." "Marketing Program" they they have used in marketing IT services to the business. I would take anything that someone is willing to share because I'm sure I could glean from it pieces but specifically I'm looking for marketing the launch of a service desk where one didn't exist prior. (Moving from the run of the mill everyday help desk to a more defined ITSM ITIL based structure formally re-organized using a service desk as the single point of contact into I.T.)

If you have anything you are willing to share just private message me and based on the size I can provide some options on getting it over to me. Thanks everyone.

Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:36 pm

There is no private message facility on this forum. You could set an email address in your profile.

I'm a bit short of time to respond to your question and there are others here much more on the ball in this area.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
tmack
Itiler
Itiler

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Thanks Diarmid, I went ahead and set my email, thanks for point it out. I hope to hear from those that you mention that are on the ball!
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sat May 07, 2011 8:53 am

I have publicised/marketed new Service Desks I have set up on a number of occasions - what specifically are you looking for?
I have doen open days, launch meetings, senior management meetings posters, displays, mousemats, brochures etc.
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance
tmack
Itiler
Itiler

Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 am

Hey Liz, thanks a ton for responding. Ideally some sample of mass-communications. examples would be (the first broadcasts to IT users of the approaching change). Related to the items you list; open days (have any agendas you would be willing to share?), launch meetings (again sharing agendas, meeting artifacts would be great here?), senior management meetings posters (very interesting would love to see these if possible?), displays (another interesting one would love to see), mousemats, brochures (again a great one that I would love to see).

Secondly it would be nice to see any sort of project plan (communicate these ways, in these timeframes...etc.). Of course I realize any plan would likley be unique to the circumstance.

Thanks again Liz....