Service Desk CSAT (Customer Satisfaction Survey)

An open discussion on issues related directly or primarily to the service or help desk.
DLGarza

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:24 am

I want to first apologize if this has already been discussed, but I am new to this forum and new to ITIL and was not able to find the answer I need. I work for a call center that handles various type of IT related desks. I work as a QA analyst where I listen to and evaluate calls of agents doing first level support. A few months ago, I was also tasked with reviewing negative customer surveys that was done originally by a team lead. Our company has embraced ITIL and I am trying to find out based on ITIL, am I the one supped to be reviewing CSAT and following up with customers or is that process done at another level? If anyone knows this, please let me know.

scottatah

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:25 pm

I'm not an ITIL expert, but I have not seen anything specifically outlining who should be doing this.

I think the survey process is somewhat organization specific. The most important thing is that someone is reviewing surveys, hopefully distributing the positive comments and following-up on the negatives accordingly.

I also think it's important that you're not just following-up on negative comments but reviewing the trends in your survey scores to understand which parts of your service need improvement in general, or what is working well.
ChangingMan
Itiler
Itiler

Thu May 01, 2014 7:22 am

The results of your customer surveys should be tied into the KPI's and performance reviews of your service desk staff and managers.

The service desk is the shop front of IT, get it wrong and it won't matter how good the rest of the product is.