2nd interview

Discussion on issues related directly or largely to ITIL problem management.
elbow
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm

hey folks, i have a 2nd interview next week. I'm told i will be meeting some team members PM/CM and will be chatting about the role(PM) and also to discuss current challenges and future plans of the pm dept.

Do you think they will be asking for my input on how i see the current challenges and future plans, ie whether i would change any of the processes or look to improve any, and if so how i would go about improving those processes, perhaps with a gap analysis or swot analysis of the dept?

Or would that be unfair until i understand more about the PM objectives and culture of work/process flow and understand interfaces in and out of pm too?

Guess im trying to prepare and wondered what they could and couldn't ask depending on what i knew already.

Some pointers and sarcastic/cutting comments always welcome /expected ! :D

tjd

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 am

Chances are that its an informal chat to introduce you to the people that you'll be working with just to make sure you're not an unsociable nutter :-)

With any luck everyone will be off with the flu and you'll just get the job anyway.
elbow
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:05 am

ha thanks for the comment - in fact the manager WAS off sick and someone had to step in - ended up with 5 mini-interviews with each of the team - exhausting almost but i got the job. Think the work was done in the 1st interview